Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Jeremiah the Jedi....


So.... Our family went to Disney World in January. It was a great trip! Lived up to all the expectations I had before going. While we were there, Jeremiah got picked to fight Darth Vader and ultimately was named an honorary Jedi. We even went as far as to take him to Downtown Disney where he got to build his very own lightsaber. Apparently it is the only place in the world you can do so. Anyways, he took this training very seriously. We thought it might wear off after a few months... but nope... he is going strong. Anyways, our church had a softball tournament last Saturday. Unfortunately one of our players got hurt and ended up requiring stitches. He's okay, of course, but it was crazy when it happened. There was a lot of bleeding and Jeremiah was one of the first on the scene. I asked him later if he was scared seeing all that blood. He replied... "Mom... Hello? I'm a JEDI! Jedi's don't get scared of a little blood!" Right Jeremiah... Should have known. I wonder how soon it'll be before he decides to use this tactic at school. I can just see him saying to his teacher.... "Homework??? Jedi's don't do homework!" Let him always be little... :^)

1 comment:

  1. OOoh, that's a sweet story! Grin. I love the "I'm a jedi... " part. Yes, may that confidence stay with him too for years to come.

    ReplyDelete