Saturday, March 15, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away!


Ugh! I'm tired of the rain! Tennessee gets too much of it. When other places get blanketed with snow, we get doused with rain. I'm not talking about a little sprinkle.... no I'm talking about a downpour! It's been beautiful the whole week. Friday, the first day of Spring break.... the heaven's open. Do you know what it's like to entertain three boys when you're all cooped up inside? Yeah... not fun. Oh... they have fun.... having wrestling matches, light saber fights, and arguing over such necessary things like... "I get to turn the light off..... No! I get to turn the light off!" Sheesh. It can really bring you to the brink of insanity. Not to mention all their ball games were cancelled for the weekend. What a bummer. We have to make them up next week. They went out to play in our back yard which I'm pretty sure has an ogre that lives there. It's a swamp at this point. I make them strip down to their undies before they come in. They're covered in mud and soaking wet from head to toe! They were excited to have gone swimming!! Dear me.... Will I make it? I question it sometimes.... I am reminded of a few weeks ago when they all went outside to play and came in with mud smeared all over their cute little faces. I was told they were "camouflaging" themselves. They want to be "army men" you see. I always try to look at the positive and well.... I sure was glad it was mud and not dog poop. See... There's always a bright side. So.... Here I am on a Saturday evening.... the rain has finally stopped, the boys are clean and snuggled up watching, of all things, the History Channel, and I am reminded of how lucky I am. They will only be this small for a short time.... make believing and getting dirty. In a few short years, I may have a spotless house and peace and quiet.... but will it be as exciting?? Probably not.

1 comment:

  1. :) love the bright side of the camouflage bit. (it's also good for their complexion, eh?)

    funny... you're the 3rd mom in as many days i've heard say the "will i make it??" about spring break already. Spring fever must be hitting kids hard this year! :) :)

    ReplyDelete