Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Little League


So begins the days of little league. I had no idea how much fun this would be..... nor how expensive! Jeremiah's game was first. He's a Dodger. He got two hits! His team is hilarious! 5 and 6 year olds running around... having not a clue what to do! The won their game 12-10. It was tied at 10-10 and we ended up having to play an extra inning. I had no idea this was taken so seriously. Trust me... on a cold night in March, I don't think anyone wanted to play that extra inning. Jonas' game was next. He's in the 9-10 bracket and plays for the Red Sox. Don't ask me why his team insists on wearing BLUE socks when they are the RED sox. Doesn't make sense to me.... bu then again, what do I know? It gets tough now.... They don't have coaches pitching to them anymore. He's in right field where there's not much action. He's got a bit of catching up to do since he hasn't played before. He gets up to bat only once and has a hit! Well... if you can call it that... he kind of just tipped it and it landed in front of him. He didn't quite know what to do! I think he was shocked he actually made contact with the ball! He made it to first base. The kid behind him has a nice hit and gets Jonas all the way home. That gave him a boost that he really needed. They were down by five runs at one point, but ended up winning 9-7. I screamed so much I can hardly talk today. Late nights, tired cranky boys... but it's all worth it when Jeremiah says to me on the way home: "Mom.... I think baseball was the best thing ever invented!" Yep... It's good to be me... a mom of boys.

1 comment:

  1. Yea! What a mom you are, if you lost your voice at their games! Go Mandy!
    hm - yeah, what's up with the blue socks? ha!
    So you've already gotten a taste of the over-time eh? yes... it's taken quite seriously. I'm SO glad your boy(s) are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete